An egalitarian home for your Jewish community.
Did you know that Rabbi Diana is our Shul's ONLY full-time employee? Stacey Frank, our Education Director, and Joe Lewin, our Office Administrator, both work 20 hours a week and our bookkeeper works just four hours a week. That's all! All other duties and responsibilities are covered by people like you - - members who volunteer their time and energy. Volunteers are truly the lifeblood of our 'Little Shul'. Hop-to-it and become a volunteer at our 'Little Shul' today!
As a relatively small Jewish community trying to accomplish many 'big' things, we invite you to help us keep helping you and others thrive in the greater Delaware Valley that we all call home. Whether you can donate one hour, one week, or one hour per week, browse the many "Little Shul' volunteer opportunities listed below and get involved today. It will feel good too - - because the love you get is equal to the love you give!
Pay It Forward One Day at a Time
Many of our services, events and programs would not be possible without the help of "day-of" volunteers.
- Set-up tables/chairs, assemble the Sukkah, be the BBQ person at the picnic
- Welcome and register attendees
- Become a trained Lay Leader of religious services
- Volunteer for office work
- Share your professional expertise with others by leading an Adult Education class
Join a Committee
Help shape and carry out the goals of our 'Little Shul' by joining a committee. You do not need to live near the Shul to get involved; remote participation via Skype and phone conference are encouraged.
Committee functions are described under "Leadership" in the "About Us" section of this website. Clicking on the name of the committee will open an e-mail to that committee's chairperson so you can communicate your interest directly. In the event a committee chairship is open, the e-mail will go to Joe in the office and it will be forwarded to the appropriate Board member.
- Adult Education
- Communications (Publicity)/Membership
- Building & Grounds
Work Kehilat HaNahar into Your Weekly Routine:
If you have a few hours each week to dedicate to our community, consider volunteering:
- Help in the Shul School as a tutor, working alongside your child(ren) as a great Jewish role model
- Join our Mitzvah Committee to serve the elderly, sick, and hungry
- Extend the hours our Shul Office has phone coverage
- Help to beautify our 11 acres of gardens and woods
- Keep our Facebook page updated
- Take pictures, add captions, and upload photos and captions to our website and Facebook page
Contact us at email@example.com and we can help customize your volunteer experience! Our 'Little Shul by the River' not only wants you, we need you to volunteer today.
P.S. The mileage driven to volunteer may be tax-deductible. Consult your professional tax advisor for details.