An egalitarian home for your Jewish community.
'The Little Shul by the River' is grounded in tradition yet is innovative and current. Since our founding in 1994/5457 we have created a dynamic and engaged synagogue and Jewish community here in the historic heart of the Delaware Valley, serving members from across Bucks County, PA and Hunterdon and Mercer Counties in NJ. As a Reconstructionist congregation, we are committed to:
- Practicing Judaism in a manner that is relevant to modern Jews who desire to maintain a connection with our historic yet ever-evolving civilization.
- Defining Judaism as more than a religion. For us it is an evolving, religious civilization encompassing history, literature, art, music, nature, and language.
- Building a multi-generational and diverse Jewish community. We welcome old, young, partnered, individuals, and families and are welcoming to LGBTQ people.
- Creating in our synagogue and in our vibrant community a means for affirming the ideals of our tradition, in both worship and deed.
- Instructing young and old in our history, tradition, and Torah.
We are led by Rabbi Diana Miller, who succeeds our founding spiritual leader, Rabbi Sandy Roth. We encourage you to visit our Little Shul and get to know our caring, stimulating, and lively Jewish community. Shabbat services are held each Friday at our synagogue, located atop a wooded hillside in New Hope, PA.