Kehilat Hanahar, 'The Little Shul by the River', is all about the 21st century, yet grounded in tradition. Since our founding in 1994/5457 we have created a dynamic and unique synagogue and Jewish community here in the historic heart of the Delaware Valley, serving members from across Bucks County, PA and Mercer County, NJ.
As a Reconstructionist congregation, we are committed to:
We are lead by Rabbi Diana Miller, who succeeds our founding Rabbi, Rabbi Sandy Roth.
To visit with us and to be a part of our community is an experience you will never forget. To be among our caring, stimulating and lively congregants is to bring a new dimension to Judaism. We welcome you and look forward to sharing our joy with you.
Shabbat services are held each Friday at our synagogue, located atop a wooded hillside in New Hope, PA.
- Practicing Judaism in a manner that is relevant to modern Jews who still desire to maintain a connection with our historic yet ever evolving civilization.
- Defining Judaism as more than a religion. For us it's an evolving civilization encompassing history, literature, art, music, land, and language.
- Building a multi-generational and diverse Jewish community.
- Creating in our synagogue and our vibrant community a means for affirming the ideals of our tradition, in both worship and in deed.
- Instructing our young and old in our history, tradition and Torah.